Sunday, November 28, 2010

Emma's symbolic hairstyle

Emma's symbolic hairstyle

Emma Watson cut her hair cut short to mark entering a 'new phase' in her life.

The 'Harry Potter' star - who plays Hermione Granger in the series, which completed shooting on its final film earlier this year- has recently had a drastic new short crop and admitted it was a symbolic gesture, to mark her leaving her character behind.

She told the Daily Mail newspaper: 'I'm 20 now, so I'm not a child any more. I've been on Harry Potter for ten years now, so I felt the need to mark the end of it in some way - I needed some way to say to myself, 'Right, you're entering a new phase of your life now'. I needed a change, and that's what the haircut is about.'

Emma, who played Hermione from the age of nine, added her father was initially worried about her new look, but that her pixie-like hairdo has since grown on him.

2 comments: